Brenda Buckley Cohen, the Vagabond Poet. She is on an endless pursuit to travel ubiquitously, has visited almost every continent and has lived in Tokyo, New York, and four provinces of Canada. Along the way, she has acquired world-class skills in technology, writing, cooking, design, web marketing, creative direction and online content.
Brenda paints abstractly but describes her paintings figuratively - she takes the same approach with life. She can be found reading travel blogs to plan her next journey or continuing to search for the perfect glass of Pinot Noir which she will then drink listening to John Coltrane and Duke Ellington's "In a sentimental mood". Brenda is most comfortable in her chefâ€™s jacket, cooking for a crowd of eccentric and eclectic friends and family. Donâ€™t eat the day before or youâ€™ll miss her hand rolled sushi appetizer and London style cheesecake dessert.
Brenda is a passionate writer. Over the years she has enjoyed working with a variety of clients to help improve their image through words. Brenda is intrigued by emerging technologies, Asian religious art, hiking trails and inspirational travel stories. Brenda currently lives in Toronto with her Swiss/Israeli husband Reuven, their pug, Winston and turtles Rio and Grande. Her next big adventures include testing her fall recipes on willing participants and welcoming a new addition this winter.
A listed biography of Brenda
- I am on an endless pursuit to travel everywhere
- I cook egg rolls from scratch and roll my own sushi
- I love my husband most because he makes me laugh
- I always fall asleep before take off and typically sleep until touch down
- I have a tattoo of a Japanese kanji to remind me of the eleven years I spent growing up in Tokyo, Japan
- I will continue to pretend I am not an internet geek but am intrigued by emerging technologies, open source and SEM
- When in doubt, I read
- I continue to search for the perfect glass of Pinot Noir which I will then drink listening to John Coltrane and Duke Ellington's "In a sentimental mood"
- I have a BA Double Major in Asian Studies and English from Saint Maryâ€™s University
- I used to lived in a 190 sq. ft apt in New York City for $1800 a month, and a 1800 sq. ft apt in Halifax for $1200 a month.
- I paint abstractly and describe my paintings figuratively
- I am captivated by people who teach me something new
- I'd love to own a vineyard in France
- I collect hats but only ones I'll wear
- I obsess over Asian Art. Some of my prized possessions are a set of Samurai swords, two Ganesha, a Tibetan singing bowl, a wedding kimono and seven Buddhas.
- I was born in Whitehorse, the Yukon Territory
- I strive to cook as creatively as my mother
- Once my home is larger I will house a zoo of animals to play with my pug and two turtles
- Writing is my lifeline
- Strategic marketing, creative direction, copywriting and travel tourism cover my resume
- Of all the names I have been called, I like Vagabond Poet the best